Thursday, October 1, 2009

Life is Short

We can always dance as we watch our economy go down the tubes. I write a lot of gloom and doom on here folks and unfortunately I think things are beginning to fall apart once again. The economic data was terrible today.

Despite all of this, I want all of you to know I am still hopeful for the future.

I am very confident we will survive this crisis, and I think it's important that we all continue to try and keep some type of positive attitude as we muddle through this.

You can only control so much of what happens in life and it's easy to forget this and get caught up in our economic collapse.

I thought you all might enjoy something a little more positive on here for a change after such a crappy day in the markets.

I got a kick out of this:


9 comments:

Kipper said...

Nice touch Jeff thanks for the smile.

Jeff said...

No prob integ

We need more smiles these days

CT-Hilltopper said...

Great take, Jeff.

Ive decided to stay prepared for anything, but I'm determined to live my life to the fullest.

What good is being depressed and angry all the time?

Neil said...

I too am trying to take a more balanced approach to things. I agree there are serious problems in the economy, but whose to say when they will blow up.

Ive been doing some research and discovered "kick the can down the road" is a game ours and other governments have been playing for ever. It delays their day of reconing, but can sometimes do so for a long long time. Consider:

The Ottoman Empire was able to play that game for 600 years (they imploded).

Brittian has been able to play that game for 180 years (and they are still here).

We are on 70 years, and no sign we are going away anytime soon.

I will never just stick my head in the sand over the govt manipulation, but I am not going to make mountains over things that may or may not happen during my lifetime.

Everyone knows the saying "the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent"??? Well heres the corollary - the Govt can play kick the can longer than you can stay alive : )

EconomicDisconnect said...

Jeff,
great sentiment. I am as much a financial junkie as the next guy but you have to keep perepective. That is one reason for the Friday night entertainment blogs.

Jeff said...

Great thoughts all!

Another down day today. Gold was up on a down day.
That's unusual price action.

I think the bulls lost a lot of momo with all of the bad economic news.

Nell

YOu are soo right. Kick the can has been a very effective so far.

I think the day of reckoning is closer than we think.

Trying to have a little balance ius a great idea.

EconomicDisconnect said...

All,
Still time for requests!

Tom said...

Great Video Jeff

EconomicDisconnect said...

Steelers are murdering the Chargers!